|
profile
blatent rebel
Nur Shuhadah If you look you will see that this world is a beautiful, accident, turbulent, succulent, opulent, permanent, no way. I wanna taste it! Don't wanna waste it away~ So knock me off my feet. Come on now give it to me baby. (: I'd rather be anything but ordinary. |
tagboard
scream out loud |
affiliates
you're on your way |
So I’m back. Not sure how long this stint will last but oy, be grateful.
I’m done with Facebook. The reason why I’m doing this is because, one of my friends in Facebook passed away. I only found out when her family posted about her funeral details. The first thought was, who is this person? Why is she even on my Friends list when I don’t even recognize her?
So, I asked around and I realized that she was the one who saved me once from an online game bully. Changed her name, that’s why I didn’t realize it’s her. She was even in a small, tight group that I was a part of. It was a terrible moment. I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn’t help feeling like I could have done something to stop her, somehow. I couldn’t understand or get over it, until now I guess.
(Juvi is my Indonesian Penguin btw. We're international.)
My head hurts now that I think about it.
Superficial. That’s what I think Facebook is right now. I have around 200 friends there but I only memorize around 15 person’s birthday. I used to be there genuinely because I don’t miss out on what friends I actually care about are doing. As I add more people, I find that I analyze cryptic status messages more. I have the tendency to care when I really don't have to. Bad habit. When I know what’s going on even without people saying, they ask me how. Even Azrie, when I tell him things that I notice from there. I’m thoughtful in case you didn’t notice and most of the time, my deductions are right. Why the hell should I even bother doing that?
Yes, it’s great to find long lost friends after years. But after the novelty wears off, you’re back to being old friends again. You’ll get separated and find each other again in years to come. It’s a vicious cycle. How many actually bother to exchange number and dropping hi-s and how are you-s every now and then? Not many. Even with current friends. Do you actually ask them how they are? I’m one to be guilty of this. I vow to change this.
So what’s your purpose Facebook? Flaunt your lifestyle? Crave for attention? Shove how popular you are in other people’s throat? Show off how successful you are? What is this desire in humans to share their private matters with the public? I have seen people's dirty laundry hanging all out. Cheating. Messy break-ups. Abuse. Self-destruction. You name it, I’ve seen it. Tell me, perhaps you are one of those rare breeds who can change my opinion about it.
As for now, sorry friends. If you have anything to tell me, sms me please. If you don't have my number, why are you even reading my blog?
On a personal note, I’m sorry to people on my MSN whom I chat often with. It seems that it’s deleted from my system and though I’m 2nd in charge in IT, my administrator will murder me if I install programs on my own. I don't touch the computer when I'm home too because I'm sick of looking at a computer screen. I’ll talk to you soon, I promise. Especially that one senior. (:
Here's a picture of us. You know, in case you forget my face and the fiancé's. Man, I love saying that. Fiancé fiancé fiancé! We're fine. It's exhilarating to be an engaged lady. Azrie's still unemployed but successful. *winks* We're still planning to get married on 04/03/12 (Yeah. I'm a geek. So?). Mark that down please. I plan to pursue my car license next year and I'm looking forward to something big happening in January. Wish me luck! 2011 will be an exciting year ((:
Till then.
Labels: Thoughts

