profile
blatent rebel

Sugar, spice and everything nice..NOT (:

Nur Shuhadah
If you look you will see that this world is a beautiful, accident, turbulent, succulent, opulent, permanent, no way. I wanna taste it! Don't wanna waste it away~ So knock me off my feet. Come on now give it to me baby. (:

I'd rather be anything but ordinary.

tagboard
scream out loud


you're on your way

Leave,
The Love <3
Fana
Lynn

drumrolls
take a bow

Designer
Colours / Headers
Icon
justshu.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last week after work, I was in a mad rush to meet Azrie. I was hungry, cranky and irritated by the crowd. Wanted to tap in but my ez-link doesn’t have enough value. While I was chastizing the distance fare which is a total bullcrap because I spend more on transport now thanks to whoever’s ingenious idea to squeeze every cent from me (try saying that in one breath), I noticed the man in front of me taking so long to get the deed done. Frustrated, I queued at another machine.


He was still struggling when it was almost my turn to top up my ez-link. He’s a foreigner I guess and wanted to buy a standard ticket. His ten cent was rejected and I don’t think he noticed it. In my mind I was wondering, why isn’t anyone helping this man? Stupid question Shu. Seriously.


So I came over, and asked him where he’s going. Clarke Kueh he said. Swallowing my laughter, I helped him get the ticket and off he went. Someone already cut my queue so I had to go all the way back again. But that’s ok, below somewhere in my black heart, there was a tiny part that’s shining.


All I'm trying to say is, make a difference. In Singaporean context, you're practically God-sent. You can be be rose among the thorns. Remember what you learnt in school? Please and thank you. It applies till you the day you die you know? Every random act of kindness makes the world a better place. No, people might not do the same for you but I'm sure The One above will give you extra heaven points for making someone's day (:


Except, don't give face to uncles and aunties who rush to board the train even before you exit. After you alight, turn around and do the "I'm watching you". Or if you have the balls that I do not possess, just give the finger. It's a universal language baby.


Till then.



(back to the top.)